Personal Care & Cosmetics Applications:
Antares Vitamin E TPGS has application in Cosmetic and Personal Care formulations as an emulsifier/co-emulsifer for lipophilic actives or ingredients while simultaneously providing a water-soluble source of natural vitamin E.
Typical Uses in Personal Care & Cosmetics:
PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS (solubilizer for active ingredients)
- Eye drops
- Nasal sprays
- Mouth Rinses
- Lip Balms
COSMETICS (topical vitamin E and solubilizer for active ingredients)
Formulating Advantages of Antares Vitamin E TPGS:
- Available in NF grade, Food Grade (FG) and non-GMO grade (SF)
- Long history (50 years) of safe use
- Readily mixes with water, lipids, oils and poorly-soluble ingredients
- Readily forms emulsions of lipids and oils
- Ethanol free
- The International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) lists Vitamin E TPGS as Tocophersolan.
If you need additional assistance regarding the use of Antares Vitamin E TPGS in your specific application, please Contact Us.
For basic handling and use guidelines for Antares Vitamin E TPGS, see How To Use TPGS.
Download Safety Data Sheet, Product Data Sheet and additional product documentation from our Documentation page.
- Ahuja M, Dhake AS, Sharma SK, Majumdar DK. Topical ocular delivery of NSAIDs. AAPS J. 2008 Jun;10(2):229-41.
- Aydemir O, Celebi S, Yilmaz T, Yekeler H, Kükner AS. Protective effects of vitamin E forms (alpha-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol and d-alpha-tocopherol polyethylene glycol 1000 succinate) on retinal edema during ischemia-reperfusion injury in the guinea pig retina. Int Ophthalmol. 2004 Oct-Dec;25(5-6):283-9.
- Le Bourlais CA, Chevanne F, Turlin B, Acar L, Zia H, Sado PA, Needham TE, Leverge R. Effect of cyclosporine A formulations on bovine corneal absorption: ex-vivo study. J Microencapsul. 1997 Jul-Aug;14(4):457-67.